Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 13,2010

A pretty good week

After a busy last 10 days , runs that amounted  to only 5 miles a day , a few mountain bike rides 
things are beginning to shake out

Ran the DINO race today , and found myself 60 points behind in the series. The  last race was today and I knew who I had to beat.

Well running thru the beautiful trails at Fort Harrison , I wasn't fast but I was well ahead of my competition so I thought I probably would win the 2010 series in the old man category

Come to find out I lost by 3 points , or 10 seconds .  I thought all year points were awarded by place in age group.   Wrong, place in race, backwards from 200.

1st place 200, second 199 a point off in reverse. 30th place 170, get it.

So as I crossed the road today and had 600 meters to go , and 6 people ahead of me , had I known the overall place counted , I lost by 3 points . I even let Adam go ahead of me at the finish .

If he were racing he would have  been further up than me ( he is a kid still ) but was just jogging along with me .   

The 6 in front of me with 600 to go would have been no problem, but I just jogged in . Ahhh

Oh well ! Running these days are really just for fun, and healthy, but a little hardware would have been nice .

The trails at Ft Harrison are " way good " and I am sure I will head out there more this winter 

Ft Harrison was my stomping ground 25 years ago, so why not go back and relive the good old days, even if it is much slower 

Did manage to get some mountain bike riding in before the rain . Days on the bike are getting fewer and fewer .

No comments:

Post a Comment