Saturday, February 19, 2011

First Race of the Year 2-19-11


A beautiful day for the Polar Bear Run this morning. This is the first time I have run in this since it moved from UIndy back in the '90's.
My plan was a simple one,not to think about racing, I'm not nearly ready for that . It was to warm-up the first mile , done a 9:10 mile, pick up each after that by at least 30 seconds a mile .
Well that also worked as the last was 7:30 and if I weren't so overdressed it would have been better. No big deal , it is February and it will be a long year , and plenty of time to pick runs to go fast in .
I really need to get the legs stronger for the trail races , as those are what I am looking forward to .
So it was a great day , weather wonderful, roads clear so training can not start hitting a better pace.
I'm thinking 8-10 tomorrow morning and at my favorite place along the river before the golfers even think about it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment