Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday June 7, 2010


Cross Country Season 


The state HS Track season ended Saturday night, and the real running can now begin.

Cross Country, on the grass, where strength is needed.

So this morning 5 miles on the Northview XC Course.  I am totally bias as this is the best course in the state for runners , spectators and coaching.

The footing is wonderful, the course is not difficult but it is not a flat racetrack.  It has character , some challenging sections but just a pleasure to run on.

It now has a 3K, 5K, 8K course laid out so any kind of workout you want to do you can .

As you probably know I designed the cross country courses , and I am really happy how the courses have come out. 

I cannot do everything, and the groundskeeper , Marcia, is better than outstanding. She is so proud of the entire property, but I think she has grown to have a soft spot in her heart for the XC course.

It takes a lot of maintenance to keep this this groomed, and I also put my time in every chance I get and jump on the ZTR and spiff the thing up.

It takes about 3 to 4 hours to cut the course, and with all the rain it needs to be cut about every 5 to 6 days .

So if you are ever go running at Northview and you see anyone cutting the course, tell them thanks , it is all volunteer work from people who just love to serve.

Also drop a line to the church and thank them, without the churches blessing , this would not be available for everyone to use.

5 miles this morning , dew on the grass, and crisp air to breathe !!

No comments:

Post a Comment